Sealing parallel threads on external uv filter

Easain

I’m building a uv water treatment and break tank with pump in an outbuilding as we are on private supply. I cannot get these joints to seal with lots of ptfe tape. I have seen others on the forum use these joints so I presume it would work. Any advice appreciated . 4BF528BF-DBF1-4898-B53E-012E02D9C9AC.thumb.jpeg.e3880ec41a3bf4bda3caf293ac7ca0ee.jpeg

421DBD35-487F-43F4-B365-7AEDF0D0F4B1.jpeg

Are you sure you have the right threads on both sides ? 
i used the same make valves as the fittings without a problem…. 
if your mixing brands of fittings this may be a problem but not something I came across. 
i have just checked my coupling between the two particles filters and it’s exactly the same as yours and mine does not leak, so I can only assume you have not got enough PTFE tape…..  strange 

3A8DAA15-78A1-481B-96F5-4D7058F14EFB.jpeg

Edited by Cpd

Hmmm, did you wrap enough turn of PTFE to make the joints tighten up as then were wound in? Secret is to create a taper with the tape so the joint becomes progressively tighter and locks up before bottoming on the socket

@markc thanks, I think this will be my next thing to try yes .  had wondered if there was anything thicker then ptfe tape I could try? 

after connecting everything I realised I didn’t leave enough room between the roof to fit the uv bulb in so need to dismantle and re jig it all anyway ?