Wraptite - anybody used it?

MikeSharp01

I am experimenting with airtightness on our garden room and think I would like to go for wraptite, which is an external airtightness membrane that is vapour permeable. The Garden room is designed to be a model of the technologies for the main house so experiment is the name of the game. Anybody out there used it / seen it / got any opinion!

Doesn't an external airtight layer start all kind of peripheral issues / more complex installation in view of the sequence of events when constructing a home, vs aitrighthess on the inside? ?

Just trying to visualise the junctions, at roof level in particular, is making my head hurt. 

The main issue is getting the vapour permeability right, so that the gradation from least vapour permeable to most vapour permeable goes from inside to outside.  The concern I'd have with using an external airtightness barrier is that a builder may then neglect to ensure that the vapour control layer (VCL) on the inside is as vapour tight as it needs to be, as an air test won't show failings in the VCL if something like this is used externally.  That alone could be a recipe for medium to long term structural failure if the builder doesn't make sure the VCL is sealed better than the Wraptite layer, and also raises the question as to what purpose an additional air tight layer has when there has to be a VCL anyway.