Moving bathroom upstairs

Em22

Hi,

i wondered whether someone could give me a little advice on the cost of moving a bathroom upstairs please? It would be directly above the current downstairs bathroom and also in the same room as the boiler if that makes any difference. New to this and need to get a rough idea before taking on this project. Thanks

Hi and welcome, depends where the waste pipe for toilet is, if it’s outside and the toilet will be on the same wall above then the pipe work is pretty straight forward. If the waste goes into the floor this will complicate things a bit.

Will you be having a bath? Or just a shower? Shower over bath?

new suite or moving the old one?

tilling? 

4 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Welcome, so difficult to tell without actually seeing it, might be best to get a few quotes, that will be more accurate.

Good answer! I started typing and then realised how many variables there are

• Haha 1

Price depends on a lot including the location in the UK amongst other things. There is also the issue of Building Regs / Warrant depending on where you are, and also what you’re doing with the old bathroom. 

Shoving everything up through the ceiling is the quick option (assuming no joists in the way etc) and then it’s how much is a piece of string for what you spend on the new one. 

Don’t forget you’ll also need to think about any windows (do they need to be obscured etc) and also how you will ventilate the new bathroom to meet regs. 

Thank you so much for all this information! I’d not thought of half of the things you’d suggested like ventilation and obscuring windows! 

Back to the drawing board in that case as I think it won’t be a cost effective way!