Graded or ungraded timber?

Marko

I'm on designing  of one of these fancy garden buildings, but it's to house my future racing pigeon team! However, it will be a full on build, insulated, electrics, MEV system the full works to keep them in good condition and hopefully win some races. 

It will fall within permitted dev. so under 2.5m. Apart from the fact that the timber will be unregularised, what are some of the other cons of using ungraded timber? Will it affect structural integrity, interfere with the insulation. I'm trying to think of any major impediments. Just trying to strip some of the cost out of the build. Working drawing is attached if anyone's interested in the layout.

Framing Assembly1.pdf

Edited by Marko

why not use regularised timber? is it that you have timber lying around to use? if you are using what you have to hand then insulating and sheeting will be difficult. used to build houses from off saw timber and there's a very good reason nobody does it any more. buy some c16 cls and make life easy for yourself.

3 minutes ago, Simplysimon said:

why not use regularised timber? is it that you have timber lying around to use? if you are using what you have to hand then insulating and sheeting will be difficult. used to build houses from off saw timber and there's a very good reason nobody does it any more. buy some c16 cls and make life easy for yourself.

No reason other than cost of ungraded vs. graded. But, I thought I’d ask people in the know beforehand. If it’s going to make life difficult, like you say, then I’ll stick with the graded stuff. Thanks.