Overpriced Warranty???

I had a quote for a structural warranty today that came in at £5,330 which just seems really expensive to me. The build size is 197 sqm, standard construction, birck & block cavity wall, pitched timber tiled roof. I'm just wondering if this is about the correct amount I should be paying or if this is way over priced. The benefit of this provider is that they can use the same inspector that I am probably going to use for building control and therefore only one person doing the inspections. I just don't really want to pay over the odds as the budget is already tight as it is.

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the replies. I did a quote with SBZ and they are much cheaper. Will be about £3.5k which will include the building control fees. Has anyone used SBZ before for building control? Just wondered how others got on with them?

10 minutes ago, hbooth said:

Thanks for the replies. I did a quote with SBZ and they are much cheaper. Will be about £3.5k which will include the building control fees. Has anyone used SBZ before for building control? Just wondered how others got on with them?

maybe try buildsafe.  They are a broker but managed to get a price nearly £1k cheaper through SBZ than I got going direct…. I have bc through them but only starting next month so can’t comment.

5 minutes ago, matthyde83 said:

maybe try buildsafe.  They are a broker but managed to get a price nearly £1k cheaper through SBZ than I got going direct…. I have bc through them but only starting next month so can’t comment.

Thanks, I've requested a quote from them just now so will see what they come back with.

• Like 1