in wall temp sensors

Adam2

I'm almost done with the UFH pipe install - screed on Tues!!!

Thinking about options for UFH control - I have a wunda setup with Wilo pumps in a reasonably well insulated house. I don't want on-wall room thermostats/controllers, want to have them in a service area on each floor. What is he best way to get room temperature back to the control system to control the actuators / pumps?

Wunda provided some in-floor probes but I wasn't planning on using those unless it's essential as using a heat pump with tiles so temp would be hopefully about 35 degrees c. Not sure what use knowing the floor temp would be so thought could re-purpose these for hiding in the walls but seem to remember some talk of in-wall temp sensors but can't find a thread on that so any advice appreciated

Ta @pocster am also using Zwave so the server is OK. How on earth do I get that my HA Server to then provide input to the UFH controller? Was planning on not necessarily integrating HA and UFH but could be an option.  On a separate note - did you use ZWave for lighting and if so, did you put switch smart units at each switch point or in a central area??? I need to make my mind up now on this

I was thinking mainly to keep it fairly simple and thought could just run long leads on temp sensors from each control zone back to the UFH controller but (obviously) a bit in the dark on that.

2 minutes ago, Adam2 said:

Ta @pocster am also using Zwave so the server is OK. How on earth do I get that my HA Server to then provide input to the UFH controller? Was planning on not necessarily integrating HA and UFH but could be an option.  On a separate note - did you use ZWave for lighting and if so, did you put switch smart units at each switch point or in a central area??? I need to make my mind up now on this

I was thinking mainly to keep it fairly simple and thought could just run long leads on temp sensors from each control zone back to the UFH controller but (obviously) a bit in the dark on that.

Simple lol ? - I don’t do that ! 
For ufh I have solus actuators on each run . Then a heatmister ( I think ) wiring loom with fibaro switches . So zwave turns on the fibaro switch ; which opens the actuator - the wiring loom sees this and starts the pump . Heating !! ?

z wave for lighting kind of works ! ( z wave not 100% reliable ) . Aeotec sensor detects movement in room and triggers zwave din rail switch to turn light on .

If you need more specific’s just ask !

Just ordered 2 new aeotec sensor 7 - see if they they improve the reliability/ delay between a light coming on . Homeseer scripting does the work .