Good Morning All! 
Not just posting Newbie-a newbie adventurer into the self-build world! ? So, before I flood you all with a myriad of questions, please may-anyone!-kindly email me their comprehensive, start to completion, spreadsheet! Thank you x

A book called the Self Builder's Bible would be a good starting point, a large portion of the book covers build costs and the cost of basic or deluxe options at each stage of a build.

People also account costs differently in their claimed build costs e.g. some exclude professional fees and utility/service installation costs. Some pay a professional builder to build a whole house and think choosing paint colours qualifies them as self builders, others dig their own trenches and personally lay each roofing tile.

You need to tell us more about your build plans before people can point you in the right direction. Plot gradient, rubbish soft ground, trees, distances to mains services and energy performance expectations for the completed house are hugely influential on cost and the schedule of spending.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Rae said:

.... email me their comprehensive, start to completion, spreadsheet! Thank you x

Yeah, : it's in your email IN box already. All part of the service. By the way - You can't park there sir! 

Welcome to the semi mad house. The nutters are in charge here.

Good luck.

Ian 

On 11/11/2021 at 10:59, ToughButterCup said:

Yeah, : it's in your email IN box already. All part of the service. By the way - You can't park there sir! 

Welcome to the semi mad house. The nutters are in charge here.

Good luck.

Ian 

Mornin’-Still can’t find it! ?x

On 11/11/2021 at 20:41, Rae said:

Thanks for your speedy response!-and I’m sure,  the spreadie, if I can find it! - Is there special, ‘mad’-(I feel at home already!)-magic to open it?-I did say I was Newbie! ??x?

On 11/11/2021 at 10:51, epsilonGreedy said:

A book called the Self Builder's Bible would be a good starting point, a large portion of the book covers build costs and the cost of basic or deluxe options at each stage of a build.

People also account costs differently in their claimed build costs e.g. some exclude professional fees and utility/service installation costs. Some pay a professional builder to build a whole house and think choosing paint colours qualifies them as self builders, others dig their own trenches and personally lay each roofing tile.

You need to tell us more about your build plans before people can point you in the right direction. Plot gradient, rubbish soft ground, trees, distances to mains services and energy performance expectations for the completed house are hugely influential on cost and the schedule of spending.

Thanks for the tip-off about the book-Apparently, Santa ? is sorting this for me! So in the interim, to obtain a chronological spreadsheet might be a useful tool!
Thus far, we are, at present-STC! looking for land to purchase-any advice, leads! gratefully received!- to built a wood, (maybe steel?) 3/4 bed dwelling + outbuildings in the Scottish Boarders.

Layman’s/Plain English ? knowledge, advice and attached spreadsheets, (and how to open them, if in an email- to print off!), from you and ANYBODY who reads this post, would be most weclome! x?x