Blown EPS Beads Cost

jayc89

I’ve been struggling to find anyone who covers our area (Yorkshire) to do our insulation.

One quote that did come back was at £18/sqm for a 175mm cavity. The quoted beads have a U Value of 0.33.

How does that compare to other people who have used blown EPS beads?

2 hours ago, jayc89 said:

I’ve been struggling to find anyone who covers our area (Yorkshire) to do our insulation.

Have you tried the Energy Saving Trust, they should have lists of installers,  0800 444 202 should get you through to their local to you office.

As to the U-value some confusion here I think. The thermal conductivity of silver or grey EPS is likely to be about 0.033W/m.K. A 175mm cavity of a brick/block wall when filled with this is likely to have a U-value of about 0.16W/m2.K

3 hours ago, A_L said:

Have you tried the Energy Saving Trust, they should have lists of installers,  0800 444 202 should get you through to their local to you office.

As to the U-value some confusion here I think. The thermal conductivity of silver or grey EPS is likely to be about 0.033W/m.K. A 175mm cavity of a brick/block wall when filled with this is likely to have a U-value of about 0.16W/m2.K

It did have me confused when they quoted 0.33!

• 2 years later...