Black steel look windows

richo106

Hi

For our upcoming project we are considering the black steel look framed windows. I’m guessing these will be made from aluminium as the steel would be really expensive!?

Has any one got any recommended suppliers for anything like this? 

Many Thanks 

6CCE0F27-E756-4B71-9BD0-AAD0629336B6.jpeg

Edited by richo106

Just a heads up, we went with Smarts Alitherm Heritage system, which is the basis for a lot of these steel look aluminium frames. The frames are not deep enough to take a PAS24 compliant triple glazed unit. This may not be an issue, but worth knowing that these are double glazed only, anywhere you need 6.8mm laminated panes for PAS24. The best U-value you will get is 1.5. 

Edited by Nick Laslett

Have a look at MetTherm. Ag210.

They manufacture and install them, though lead times are long. 
alternatively exactly same windows are supplied and installed by Govette for slightly more. Quicker lead times.
Their windows are very nice, but if you specify PAS24 there is a risk you will get some roller wave distortion, as their glass supplier had a problem with this on one of the windows I bought, still not rectified. I bought 12 windows from them.

12 hours ago, Adsibob said:

This is the thread where I mown about my roller wave distortion issue (and a few other gripes). Most issues have now been fixed, it’s just the roller wave issue.

On the video clip you can see a couple of my windows:

I can see your point regarding the issue you raised, but on the other hand I do love the look of your windows.

Have you got any other pictures of your windows? And what was the make/style of these windows you installed?

Many Thanks

6 hours ago, richo106 said:

Have you got any other pictures of your windows? And what was the make/style of these windows you installed?

I will post pictures in a couple of months. Currently they are all boarded up.

MetTherm Ag210, as mentioned above.