Cover flashing on random stone wall

Coops

Hi Folks, hope all is well.. anyone got any ideas on how to detail cover flashings on a new double pitch porch abutting an existing old random stone wall? 

The sensible option seems to be a simple raked flashing tucked into a single saw cut, but this would deviate from standard stepped arrangement used in brickwork or uniform facing stone....any ideas would be appreciated.. BTW tiles are plain clay 

Cheers 

IMG_20211101_153832.jpg

Edited by Coops

9 hours ago, Coops said:

The sensible option seems to be a simple raked flashing tucked into a single saw cut,

I now like to cut out a gap of about 10- 15mm (or whatever matches existing mortar joints) and then use the same colour mortar finish as whats on the wall, I find you get a much better seal with the mortar joint as a single cut has to be filled with some sort if mastic and if not done right can be a point of failure. I use a weak mix with lime in it to help it match the movement of the lead. There are probably some very good mastic / gunks that are designed for this these days….. I just do what I have found works for me. 

• Thanks 1