Phoenix toilets any good?

I am planning on replacing one toilet in a bathroom upstairs and also creating a downstairs loo and have started looking at the vast choice on toilets on the market. I have spotted a brand called Pheonix who do a qube design close coupled flush fit toilet which I like a lot but am weary about quality.

The toilet is £363 per toilet on the Pheonix site but have seen it for £224 so am quite interested.

I am planning on staying in the property for a good few years and will be fitting a water softener so as to enable my newly fitted items a longer life due to being in a hard water area.

Just wondering what you guys think?

Tbh, porcelain is porcelain. The gubbings inside the cistern can be completely changed from as little as £30 ( fluid master replacement kit inc flush / button / fill valve ) so I'd just buy the shape / style you want / can afford.

My only advice is to make sure you get stainless through bolts, to connect the cistern to the pan, and likewise with the seat hinges. 

I cant really say I've seen a cheap / bad bog before, but plenty where they've been supplied with cheap / disgracefully bad gubbings which have come with perfectly acceptable chinaware. 

Any links ?

• Like 1

On 03/04/2017 at 15:12, Nickfromwales said:

Tbh, porcelain is porcelain. The gubbings inside the cistern can be completely changed from as little as £30 ( fluid master replacement kit inc flush / button / fill valve ) so I'd just buy the shape / style you want / can afford.

My only advice is to make sure you get stainless through bolts, to connect the cistern to the pan, and likewise with the seat hinges. 

I cant really say I've seen a cheap / bad bog before, but plenty where they've been supplied with cheap / disgracefully bad gubbings which have come with perfectly acceptable chinaware. 

Any links ?

So are you saying to ditch these BZP (M12?) studs that came with the Geberit frame and change to stainless?

20170408_180153

Nope.

The bolts on a close coupled cistern sit inside the cistern, and are fully immersed in fresh oxygenated water, as you flush daily. 

They rust, and yes they're bright zinc played ( BZP ) and shouldn't, but they do. 

Unless you pee battery acid, and haven't sealed the pan to the tiles, your BZP bolts on your wall hung pan & frame will live a long, happy life. 

?