Quick help needed: bucket autohitched wrongly

ToughButterCup

Monday morning hissing down with rain, eyes full of sleep and I've autohitched the bucket on the wrong crossbar

autohitch1.thumb.jpg.c2c716fb518b5a04fea54de44aca5d78.jpg

Anyone know how I might be able dig myself out of this hole......?

Pretty please....

When I try to unhitch it, the auto-ram system doesn't engage .

Edited by ToughButterCup

Do the pipes pulse like normal indicating it's trying to move??

Take the clip holding the bucket pin in and try and beat it through to the other side. Will take a lot of hammer so beat the tripe out of it. Will need to go back into the digger and try getting it as level as you can. 

Or

Might need to remove the hydraulic pipe going to the close side, usually the bottom, release the nut and let some hydraulic fluid out. Then try and use a hammer and cold chisel to make it release. Might take a fair bit of persuasion.

Or possibly both of these methods!!!

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Declan52. Problem solved.

What it  is to have mates who know their way round machinery eh? He popped round , sat in the cab, grinning his head off , gave it a huge amount of revs and slammed the arm  into the release position. Bob's Yer Uncle, Fanny's Yer Aunt.

Celebratory coffee. 

Christ I've learned a lot on this build.

Aside: A common thread with the practical problems on site ... almost all of them occur when I am really tired - I've worked another 21 stretch. Not a good idea.  How many times do I have to go round this desert to learn the lesson?