Voltacon...

MikeGrahamT21

https://voltaconsolar.com/batteries/lithium-ion/lithium-battery-100ah-5120wh-48v.html

Thoughts? 5.12kWh @ 90% DoD with 5 year warranty for £1270 inc VAT? Seems quite cheap. Uses Pylontech Cells. Compatible with Sofar ME3000SP which can be picked up second hand for not much money on ebay.

Getting very tempting!

Edited by MikeGrahamT21

Lets do my usual sum.

This allows you to store and use 5kWh of your free solar PV that would otherwise get exported.  At typically 18p per kWh that would save you 90p per day.

Now you won't have that  much surplus every day, lets say you have that much surplus on average 180 days per year. So this battery could save you about £162 per year.

So just under 8 years payback.  by which time the batteries will have done 1400 charge / discharge cycles or more.

Getting closer, but still not there yet for me.

I'm struggling to understand the page but isn't that just the battery (as in, stack of cells), and you need to add an inverter to the price 

• Compatible inverters: Growatt, Victron, Goodwe, Kehua, Solax, Voltronic, Studer, Sermatec, Solis, sofar, Voltacon, total of 16 brands

If it could be DC coupled to my PV inverter (SolarEdge) it starts looking interesting

23 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Lets do my usual sum.

This allows you to store and use 5kWh of your free solar PV that would otherwise get exported.  At typically 18p per kWh that would save you 90p per day.

Now you won't have that  much surplus every day, lets say you have that much surplus on average 180 days per year. So this battery could save you about £162 per year.

So just under 8 years payback.  by which time the batteries will have done 1400 charge / discharge cycles or more.

Getting closer, but still not there yet for me.

Rated for 6000 cycles so despite long payback period it’s looking a lot more appealing

• 10 months later...