MVHR Design

I have had a MVHR design/quote done by BPC and I do not overly like the number of locations of the supply and exhaust vents.

The MVHR unit will either be in the plant room, Laundry room, or in the loft space.  The loft is cold design. but not sure If I can fit it into the plant or Laundry yet.

The MVHR unit will either be a zehnder Q600 or Blauberg Komfort 550. Slighty larger than the design provided by BPC.

The vent locations are coloured dots.  and the ones with 2 next to them have two radial duct runs.

I have increased bot the number of supply and exhaust ducts by 2 of each.

The exhaust in the kitchen is directly above the island where the hob is located.

The exhaust under the stairs is where some IT network equipment is located.

Any advice appreciated.

2021-09-10_111057.jpg

Document_2021-09-10_111101.jpg

There so much wrong with this I don't know where to begin. Gym should be an extract. Laundry needs an extract. Hallways / intermediate spaces shouldn't have anything. Extract and supply in the living makes no sense. You have to think about how the air flows through the entire building. You want to encourage air flow out of habitable rooms to extract points. 

Pick a definite location for your unit(s) and take it from there. What's your floor area?

FYI I am not an expert at all but I have learned a lot from a friend who most definitely is an expert.

Edited by Conor

As above, the supplies and exhausts should encourage a healthy air flow through the building.

you don’t want to drag stale air into or through ‘clean’ areas. I.e fresh air into bedrooms etc and stale out of bathrooms.

the gym is setup the same as a bedroom.

fresh are into gym stale are out of shower room connected to gym.

yes laundry should have a double ducted extract, I missed that.  I also realized the coloured dots are very hard to see on the scan,  will improve

habitable floor area is 330 SQM

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have a look at the air supply/extract positions to ensure you're getting air to move across the rooms - eg bedroom put it towards a corner opposite the door to avoid areas which will have limited air movement - that's at least what I was advised, am sure there is always some movement so no need to go to extremes.