Priming or Sealing new jointed and taped plasterboard, best products before painting?

Donegalsd

Hi, 

My plasterboarding guy has recommended I use something to seal by new boards prior to painting.

He recommended gyproc drywall sealer - which seems to be discontinued in Ireland. He said if you don't seal them there is a risk the tapes/joints will show through- we aren't skimming.

Anybody any recommendations for a product for sealing and or priming new boards? I will probably get it sprayed on prior to final two costs of paint.

Thanks 

OK, thanks, so this stuff?

https://www.british-gypsum.com/products/gyproc-drywall-sealer?tab0=2#.YS-zm4tMkxw.whatsapp

I can get probably in N.Ireland, I asked gyproc.ie and they told me

Gyproc Drywall Sealer was discontinued a few years back so it’s no longer available in Ireland. You can source alternative/generic drywall sealers though, your local builders merchant/ hardware store should be able to advise on you on the options they stock.  

This confused me re. If it was necessary or not.

5 minutes ago, nod said:

I’m not sure who told you it was discontinued 

I buy it by the pallet load 

Even B&Q sell it

Gypsum drywall sealer 

A little expensive Though probably includes the vat 

I think when your BM says discontinued 

Its code for can’t be Arsed ordering half a dozen tubs ?

7C603922-0A92-4948-9B64-7E7C27281757.jpeg

Edited by nod

5 minutes ago, nod said:

I’m not sure who told you it was discontinued 

I buy it by the pallet load 

Even B&Q sell it

Gypsum drywall sealer 

Gyproc ireland told me. It doesn't seem to be on any irish websites. I'm only 30 min from the border so it's no hassle.

Does it go on handy enough with a paint spay gun? 

Anything special to know about its use. I'm pretty sure my painter hasn't used it before.

Thanks

@nod Is just one coat of this stuff sprayed on enough?

Or will two give a better finish - is there much drying time needed between the 2 sealant coats (if I need 2) or between the sealant coat and 1st undercoat of paint?

Sorry about all the questions- I've searched the website but I can't find a product info sheet - and it doesn't seem to be simple to contact company online.

I have a 210sqm two storey house so would  4 or 5 tubs be enough (standard ceiling heights ect.

Thanks again.