How far apart adjacent units to fit 600mm integrated washing machine? Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by SomeOfTheGear, 16 minutes ago.

PieInTheSky

Hi, I'm fitting a new kitchen. The corner unit and next ones either side of it are all good (don't you just love laser levels?). On one wall I've got to fit an integrated Washing machine. The Washing machine dimensions say width is 600mm. I'm still waiting on delivery of the machine and can't put the fitting on hold until it arrives.

Presumably I've got to leave 600mm space for the washing machine plus a few mm either side to allow it to slide in/out? Or do I?

Should I space the next unit exactly 600mm away from the last (I'd use a spare existing unit as a temporary template) or do I space the next unit in the run with a (say 2 or 3 mm) gap on either side?

Thanks.

55 minutes ago, PieInTheSky said:

Hi, I'm fitting a new kitchen. The corner unit and next ones either side of it are all good (don't you just love laser levels?). On one wall I've got to fit an integrated Washing machine. The Washing machine dimensions say width is 600mm. I'm still waiting on delivery of the machine and can't put the fitting on hold until it arrives.

Presumably I've got to leave 600mm space for the washing machine plus a few mm either side to allow it to slide in/out? Or do I?

Should I space the next unit exactly 600mm away from the last (I'd use a spare existing unit as a temporary template) or do I space the next unit in the run with a (say 2 or 3 mm) gap on either side?

Thanks.

Hi, I always allow 610mm. That way any variances in floor level or foot adjustment do not cause the machine to jamb in the hole and lean on a side panel as this causes the adjacent unit and doors to vibrate

Personally I hate built In washing machines as they wobble about too much (IMO) and can shake the cabinets next to them. The gap will depend on the door you have to cover it. There was a  Thread here somewhere where they used two doors and a wider gap to leave plenty of wobble room.

Measured our Bosch and its 596 or 7 wide.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/aug/13/washer-dryer-too-deep-replacement-ao

"...the majority of standard UK front-loading washing machines are roughly 850mm high and 595mm to 600mm wide. They are designed to fit into a standard kitchen width space of 600mm, with width (not depth) the one dimension that is strongly adhered to by most manufacturers."