Air tightness test near Inverness?

ProDave

Who have people used for a blower door air tightness test in the Inverness area?

Since returning from holiday I have been searching.  I found 2 in Inverness claiming to do the air tight test.  I emailed both.  ONE has replied (after nearly a week) to say he will reply from his other address (so are both the two I found the same person?)

That was several days ago and still no proper reply.

so who did you use?

I also got them to balance the mvhr and write a report for me as the BC officer wouldn't accept my version which still annoys me.  I had a quote to do both which didn't separate them out so I can't really say what the airtight test element cost on its own. I can say that the total cost made me wince (~£700) and was the most expensive day's worth of work I shelled out for on the house.

• Like 1

When you get a test I suggest you have a pre-chat then stand by them throughout.

They tend to ask what number you are looking for, then suddenly the test is over and they are packing up with, 'good news it passed'.

But you want a good number and an optimum rating, which they could probably have got by checking for leaks you missed.

eg, have you taped over the fan outlets (incl mvhr), shut the trickle vents, blocked any open drain pipes/manholes, seal flues at the fire? and so on. Yes you can do all this beforehand, but the tester should advise on what you might have missed.

If they are testing just a part of the building, then you can also tape at door edges of the area.

What number are you looking for? I suggest you have an absolute worst, but also a target.

• Thanks 1