Reasonable Current Energy Suppliers

Ferdinand

My fixed tariff just ran out, so I need to switch.

Does anyone have any views as to current good suppliers?

My current usage is approx 16,000 kWh pa gas, and 2,300 kWh pa electric.

I think I may need a fix as a price rise is pencilled in for the autumn courtesy of changes in the 'Price Cap'.

MSE is saying Avro, Utility Point, the Utility Warehouse, Outfox the Market or Green Energy - none of which I know very much about. Except that Outfox are quite idiosyncratic.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Interestingly, BG estimates calculate the Elec as double that, and the Gas as 10% more than actual. 

Ferdinand

49 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

If the policy is to get people to switch from gas to electric, they should be increasing the cost of gas and perhaps lowering the price for electric.

That's an excellent point.

The better way imo would be for a carbon tax on everything based on emissions, and get rid of all the other "green" taxes.

I see that more fixed price tariffs seem to be around, and I'd expect a few more to emerge.

F

• 1 year later...
On 05/08/2021 at 14:35, joth said:

I think you're asking for a referral. Let me help:  share.octopus.energy/wise-wolf-874

:)

Note this link no longer work, since that was the account at our rental and we moved back into our build.

(Oh no I hear you cry, so what's your new referral code??? Oh ok if you insist: https://share.octopus.energy/mist-star-414 )