Kitchen companies who give you access to unit details.

JCB400

I'm looking at kitchen options at different price points for our renovation - we need options due to contingencies with the budget etc.

One thing that annoys me intensely is the way some kitchen companies don't give customers access to the specs, dimensions and options for their units. It's all a big mystery and you are reliant on the knowledge and skill of the designer, their awareness of the different units available etc. That might work for some people but not for me. I'm not sure I could be comfortable buying a kitchen without access to some sort of brochure showing the details of the units available (rather than just a vague glossy coffee table brochure).

Can anyone recommend decent kitchen companies who provide such details please, from their own experiences? So far I've found the following companies who do:

• Nolte

• Nobilia

• Howdens

• DIY Kitchens

Thanks.

48 minutes ago, pocster said:

There units certainly aren’t as bad as you might think

Their units are excellent!!

Rows of holes allowing you to put shelves at any height as opposed to Howden's etc. where if you don't want the shelves at the few heights they have decided you're stuffed.

Also units go back to the wall, so you don't lose the 'service' gap that most other manufacturers build in to make it easier for the trades - must be 10%+ of the volume of the cabinet gained.

Their worksurface choice pretty good  - but if you want to tart it up with something else (walk on glazing for example)  then the choice is yours..

Simon

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bramco said:

Their units are excellent!!

Rows of holes allowing you to put shelves at any height as opposed to Howden's etc. where if you don't want the shelves at the few heights they have decided you're stuffed.

Also units go back to the wall, so you don't lose the 'service' gap that most other manufacturers build in to make it easier for the trades - must be 10%+ of the volume of the cabinet gained.

Their worksurface choice pretty good  - but if you want to tart it up with something else (walk on glazing for example)  then the choice is yours..

Simon

I installed a black IKEA kitchen in a previous house and put a granite worktop on it . When the estate agent came to value he looked and said “ well there’s 30 grand kitchen “ - didn’t cost 30k . Though the worktop wasn’t cheap . Even in my new build now I’ll probably go for IKEA with maybe a custom made round floor unit at the end ( to act as a bar for all my non existent friends ) . Then put 20k+ of granite over it all