Hello , Finally it’s time:)

AlB

Been looking at self building for 20 odd years, finally it looks like I will have the money & time to be able to do it, not a lot of money and later in life than I wanted but I am hoping somehow I shall find somewhere and be able to build my home.

I come from a building background as a qualified shop fitter (like carpentry but includes other materials) , but had to quit full time building because of a disability with my right arm, despite this I have completed 3 houses as diy projects including roofs, loft extension, central heating, electrical and anything wood. Can’t do plastering & dislike floor laying (no knees left).

Looking forward to learning more..any advice extremely appreciated.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlB said:

Been looking at self building for 20 odd years, finally it looks like I will have the money & time to be able to do it, not a lot of money and later in life than I wanted but I am hoping somehow I shall find somewhere and be able to build my home.

I come from a[...] Can’t do plastering & dislike floor laying (no knees left).  Looking forward to learning more..any advice extremely appreciated.

Snap. (Well, almost - we started hoping in 1985)

Welcome

• Like 1