leaving a 1mm gap between lining paper

TryC

Hi All,

I wondered if you could help.

I am in the process of lining my walls, some of the walls will be papered and some walls will be painted once lined.

For the walls that will be papered on top, I have positioned the lining paper horitzontally, and left a 1mm gap between the papers as I have view some videos and it suggested that the paper would expand or what not, so best to leave a gap. However, it did mention that on the first paper and second paper applied, there was no need to leave a gap, but on the 2nd, 3rd, onwards, to leave a 1mm gap, which I have done.

But for the walls that I will paint, I plan to line vertically, then paint, but do I still follow the same process of leaving a 1mm gap between the papers? wouldn't you see the gaps if I painted this?

Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

1 hour ago, SuperJohnG said:

Never heard of that. I always regardless of painting or final wallpaper but them up tight. 

neither had I, but when I was doing my rounds on videos, all of them mentioned this. It brought me back to the days when I did wallpapering (over 10 years ago) and I wondered why there was a gap overlap when I could of sworn I didn't have that when I put the paper up...it must of 'expanded'.