Diall Interior ready mixed filler vs. Easifill

TryC

Hi All,

Does anyone know that the difference is between these two products or do they essentially do exactly the same?

I am looking to fill in any cracks and hair line fractures in the walls and holes before I seal it to then be lined then paper/painted.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Yep - Easi-Fill every time, great stuff use it for all sorts - including repair of ornate plaster cornicing, sands perfectly. Don't let it go too far out of date, it goes hard VERY fast when it gets old, and I always use the 60 minute stuff anyway - the 20 minute stuff is a bit quick for me, I cannot throw it on fast enough, but you can re-coat in 30 minutes.

On 22/05/2021 at 07:09, MikeSharp01 said:

Yep - Easi-Fill every time, great stuff use it for all sorts - including repair of ornate plaster cornicing, sands perfectly. Don't let it go too far out of date, it goes hard VERY fast when it gets old, and I always use the 60 minute stuff anyway - the 20 minute stuff is a bit quick for me, I cannot throw it on fast enough, but you can re-coat in 30 minutes.

thanks!

Yes, easifill is very easy to use!! and very easy to sand. I just sanded it down with relative ease. Do you think on application is enough or do you need another layer than sand before sealing it with sealer?

Easi-fil is one of my favourite products.

Specially because it is sticky on a trowel and easy to handle, by amateur me.

Then spreads and penetrates nicely when worked.

Diall is own brand b&q /screwfix, and the qualities vary enormously. Could be fine.

But  Easi-fil is £20 for 10kg so that is where I would go. That fills a lot of cracks, and gaps, and hollows, and joints....