blacksmith/metal workers

@Alexphd1

Ironically (!!!! :-o ) I know another one in the same general area.

I think you really need a recommendation rather than just a name. Though you can expect to see past work.

Visit your local horse-shop (ie tack 'n' stuff) or stables and ask them (watch out for 14 year old girls on Thelwell ponies), or ask the next person you see on a horse. Or perhaps talk to local wrought-iron gate fabricators, who can sometimes do and enjoy specials. Gates may be labelled with the fabricator. 

There are also people round who have a wider knowledge of equine matters and would know the reputation of blacksmiths. For example I know of one of our local horse-dentists.

Personally I would be quite happy knocking on the door - "What wonderful gates. Who made them?".

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

Guest Alphonsox
On 3/4/2017 at 13:17, Alexphd1 said:

Does anybody know any good metal workers/black smiths for a ceiling hung bio-ethanol fire place. 

Can't help with a blacksmith but I'm intrigued by the question. What are you planning ?

• 1 month later...

You are likely sorted with this now @Alexphd1 but I'd try A&K  Elphistone at New Deer, Phone: 01771 644 673 (they do have a website and Facebook) they are agricultural metal works mainly but if they can't help they will at least point you in the right direction, also Lawrie Fabrication (have a FB too) could be a good shout, he has some interesting things on his page!

Edited by Triple07

No we are at Lonmay, the Build is coming along, slowly but steadily, windows went in today - despite the high winds again, so that's a relief! 

How bout yourselves? There's actually a fair few going up in our corner which is great as it was quite stagnant for a while!

Edited by Triple07
Address given on public thread