Moving a house within red boundary

gavztheouch

Hi there,

I have planning for a new house in central Scotland. It will be a farmhouse so subject to a restriction that only I can live there. I have decided I would like to move it back 10m or so away from power lines that run on front of the house. This will help keep a better distance away from the power lines and allow trees to be planted without damaging the house or the lines in the future. There are no other houses within 1 mile and only one of my sheds about 50m away

I have asked the planning department if this will be acceptable as a change or will I need full planning again. They have said I will need full planning, no explanation given. The new position is still within the red boundary and not too close to the boundary to cause any issues with regulations.

I was under the impression that moving a house within the red boundary was fair game in Scotland? Does anyone know the general rules for moving the house within the red boundary?

Might have to bite the bullet and make a full new application. Issues would be architects/planning fees and time, last application took 8 months to go through due to covid

1 hour ago, gavztheouch said:

Hi there,

I have planning for a new house in central Scotland. It will be a farmhouse so subject to a restriction that only I can live there. I have decided I would like to move it back 10m or so away from power lines that run on front of the house. This will help keep a better distance away from the power lines and allow trees to be planted without damaging the house or the lines in the future. There are no other houses within 1 mile and only one of my sheds about 50m away

I have asked the planning department if this will be acceptable as a change or will I need full planning again. They have said I will need full planning, no explanation given. The new position is still within the red boundary and not too close to the boundary to cause any issues with regulations.

I was under the impression that moving a house within the red boundary was fair game in Scotland? Does anyone know the general rules for moving the house within the red boundary?

Might have to bite the bullet and make a full new application. Issues would be architects/planning fees and time, last application took 8 months to go through due to covid

Have you asked for non material variation?

Do you an have email address for the actual planner that approved the application?

Even submitted a fresh application it would probably be a lot quicker to pass through than 8 months.

Moving a house would generally be considered a material variation, it will have different distances to boundaries etc so perhaps more to consider for the planners, I would be tempted to submit a non material variation application anyway and get the formal reasoning...

It would be treated as a material alteration and therefore a revised Full application. You should be able to use your “free go” too providing you haven’t used a free go on the site in the past before and the re-submission is within 12mths.

As you are ‘only’ looking to re-position the dwelling, you could speak to the previous Planning Officer advising them of the change and whether it can be pushed through any quicker.