Is this a good deal?

Matt60

Hello,

I have just received the following quote, initially I thought it was quite high but for a total solution I think on reflection it might be pretty good. The following is for everything heating, hot water and general plumbing and drainage - just not including sanitary wear. 

What I will say is that I am reasonably handy but I have no interest in fitting any of the system myself, I know I will pay much more for taking this stance. I'm time poor and would prefer just to be a customer and I do really like the idea that this firm will handle it all which means at least I can't get stuck between two plumbers blaming each other. 

In summary, my question is not can I do it cheaper, it's; Is this a fair deal from a very well regarded local firm who has been recommended to me? Secondly, I notice their is not buffer tank, should I ask for one. Thirdly, I would like to run this backwards from the PV for cooling. The firm have no experience of this but will this system do that okay in the future?

NB; I'm working until 10pm so I might be a while replying. 

Many thanks,

Matt.

Hi Matt

Following on from our telephone conversation last week we have pleasure in providing a quotation for plumbing and heating works to your new home.

Quotation covers the supply and installation of the following:

• Daikin Monobloc heat pump EDLA 14.

• Daikin 300ltr Unvented cylinder.

• Magnetic filter, Anti-freeze valve and flexible hoses.

• Low loss header inc insulation.

• Pumps valves and controls.

• Eco Heat underfloor heating ground floor.

• 8 Stelrad compact radiators to first floor rooms, including thermostatic radiator valves.

• Hot and cold services

• Above ground waste systems.

• Plumbing of sanitary ware, sinks washing machine, dish washer and external tap.

• Testing and commissioning

Total Cost for these works   £31,768.40 excluding vat.

Costing excludes,

• Any electrical works.

• Sanitary ware, sinks taps and sink wastes.

• Towel warmers.

• wood burner

Radiator positions and sizes will be discussed on site prior to installation.

Floor insulation to be supplied and installed by yourselves prior to underfloor heating being installed.

Costing excludes accumulator if required for boosting water performance.

• Sad 1

On 10/05/2021 at 13:25, Ralph said:

We have a similar spec with a Daikin etc maybe two less rads and I would say you are about 30% over.

My gut feeling backed by people I trust bear this out as about right. It's a shame as It takes care of all the plumbing based stuff but it is clearly too expensive.