Mixing Valve Issue

BarryH

Hi All,

I have an issue with  a JG Speedfit mixing valve on my UFH (attached image).

The original problem was that the pipe from the boiler to the valve was hot, but there was no hot water getting any further into the system, despite all valves being open and the pump running. Assumig a problem with the valve I spoke to the Speedfit technical people and they convinced me the piston was probably defective and recommended a service kit. However while dismantling the valve the plastic innards came out along with the spring and thermostatic piston. 

The bad news is I never noticed the orientation of the plastic insert and was hoping someone within this community could advise.

I've tried fitting the insert in different ways all to no avail.

IMG_1704.JPG

Hi, it's a rebadged reliance thermomix valve, if you Google "reliance thermomix ufh valve" you'll find the instruction manual which shows the components and their order?

Thanks Zed, but can't see anything to show me how the insert fits.

Not a particularly good photo of my valve , but presumably the position of the insert is critical to directing water into and away from the system. 

Cheers

IMG_1715.JPG

Zed, it's the internal housing I'm trying to find out about, the spring/piston assembly is pretty straightforward even for an amateur like me. 

Thanks again for jumping in though.

The question remains............what is the correct position for this eccentric insert from my JG Speedfit mixing valve?

Tried it all ways and still not getting hot water any further than the inlet port.

Appreciate any thoughts.

IMG_1720.JPG

IMG_1721.JPG

In this case, lubrication is not the issue.

As you can see from the first photo I posted the other day there are 4 x ports on the mixing valve - so clockwise from the top, water to the pump, water from the return manifold, water from the boiler and finally, return water to the boiler.

My problem is that when I initially dismantled the valve the plastic housing (final two photos) came out with the piston and the spring and it is crucial to the valve operability that it goes back in the correct way.

Unfortunately for me, while I was chasing the spring around the floor I never noticed which way the wretched housing came out, hence my present predicament!!