New Footprint on Approved Extension

richie9648

Hi

I have a planning approval on a 3m extension on a semi - but have decided to go out 3.5m - dont ask why - case of me not being here and a discussion between Mrs and builder :(

Neighbours are fine with it and didnt bat an eyelid.  Would I put a retrospective application in or just carry on - I assume given it would be deemed under PA and the neighbours are fine with it, the risk of being asked to scale it back are pretty minor?

Thanks

What sort of 'planning approval' did you ask for for 3m extension? Anyway, 3.5m is still within permitted development rules, just in the 'larger extensions' section that requires neighbours consultation (https://www.planningportal.co.uk/info/200130/common_projects/17/extensions/2). You mentioned they're ok with that, so it should not be an issue. For such planning permission no site visit is necessary so you can probably carry on with your works, though that is of course element of risk, so you need to judge the delay vs any consequences of being caught.

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2021 at 16:37, Olf said:

What sort of 'planning approval' did you ask for for 3m extension? Anyway, 3.5m is still within permitted development rules, just in the 'larger extensions' section that requires neighbours consultation (https://www.planningportal.co.uk/info/200130/common_projects/17/extensions/2). You mentioned they're ok with that, so it should not be an issue. For such planning permission no site visit is necessary so you can probably carry on with your works, though that is of course element of risk, so you need to judge the delay vs any consequences of being caught.

We did a PA on the 3m - we have got the free go plan in and i am hoping the BC dont notice it either when he is up next week to look 

20 hours ago, richie9648 said:

We did a PA on the 3m - we have got the free go plan in and i am hoping the BC dont notice it either when he is up next week to look 

Why did you initially submit a PA application for a 3m deep extension?

So have you now resubmitted a PA application for the 3.5m deep extension?

4 hours ago, DevilDamo said:

Why did you initially submit a PA application for a 3m deep extension?

So have you now resubmitted a PA application for the 3.5m deep extension?

Architect advised it on the 3m. I agree I’m not sure why!!!

yes we have put in a freebie amendment on the 3.5m