PPC rather than structural warranty

My self build mortgage allows for a PPC rather than a 10 year structural warranty.

If I went down the PPC route what issues could it cause down the line?

I.e. what happens if we were to get a residential mortgage on completion, or we sold the house and the buyers mortgage company didn't accept a PPC?

I have done some flat conversions and just did PCC.  It was acceptable to all 6 buyers / their lenders and much cheaper than NHBC, who had not appetite for conversions.

CML give a list of lenders who will accept a PPC.  Not worth the paper they are not written on if you ever wanted to claim, but then structural warranties are not a lot of use either.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

I have done some flat conversions and just did PCC.  It was acceptable to all 6 buyers / their lenders and much cheaper than NHBC, who had not appetite for conversions.

CML give a list of lenders who will accept a PPC.  Not worth the paper they are not written on if you ever wanted to claim, but then structural warranties are not a lot of use either.

Thanks that gives me some comfort.

The PPC provider is the architect that did the planning and has had input detailed design / building regs design.

The PPC may not be worth much in the real world but would prefer to give the architect the cash rather than a big firm.

His PPC Is about 80% of the structural warranty, though he is not covering the waterproofing which I will be getting a CSSW with a IBG to cover.