UFH and Screed and piping

GrantMcscott

Does anyone know of a reputable company to lay UFH and then put the screed on it.

Based in East Ayrshire Scotland.

Also do you have your plumbing in on top of the slab for toilet and a waste pipe to the main soil stack. So it will be bellow screed and UFH and in the insulation layer as I do not want it round the walls and boxed in.

thanks

1 hour ago, GrantMcscott said:

Also do you have your plumbing in on top of the slab for toilet and a waste pipe to the main soil stack. So it will be bellow screed and UFH and in the insulation layer as I do not want it round the walls and boxed in.

Yes you can do that. Although you need to ensure there will be enough cover over the WC pipe or the screed can crack. Remember it needs to have a fall so prop it up on blocks of wood. I recommend fixing these down to the slab with builders adhesive so they don't get disturbed. 

I'm not a fan of boxing in pipes either. In one bathroom it was looking unavoidable so we actually built a false wall to hide the pipes. Yes it makes the room a few inches smaller but it looked a lot better.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrantMcscott said:

Does anyone know of a reputable company to lay UFH and then put the screed on it.

Based in East Ayrshire Scotland.

thanks

Speak to Anderson Floor Warming in Glasgow.

• Thanks 1