CIL - What can i safely do before planning?

Hi

I'm awaiting planning permission (only just submitted) and would like to ensure I've as many ducks in a row lined up to start the build as soon as ive got permission.

Im conscious of the CIL implications of starting the build before planing is granted and a commencement of build notification but does anyone have any idea if its OK to

1) Get services disconnected - Electricity sees to be digging a hole or 2 and installing a cabinet which may be considered building?

2) Can i submit my demolition notice before planning is approved - or will this make no difference and i should just sit to be ready as soon as approved?

I intend to ask the council now i have may planning reference but interested in oppinions

thanks

Dan

When we started ours 

I asked planners the same question 

What constitutes a Cil breach 

His answer was quite clear 

Heavy machinery on site 

Though if we needed to do ground tests That was ok 

Questions can we cut about 20 large trees down YES

Can we remove the slates and floor joist from a building we intend to demolish YES but no demolition till the  cil is passed 

Can we put up site fencing YES But don’t create the vehicle acces at the front of the plot 

Someone was threatened with losing their CIL exemption when they stuck some hardcore down at the existing entrance to the plot to prevent their vehicle from spreading mud over the road as they exited. They had done nothing else at all. They managed to get the council to change their mind but it was touch and go. Some councils seem to be much more strict than others, and after all it is a licence for them to print money so they have to invent ways to stop it from slipping away.