Opinions on my downstairs living/kitchen/dining/toilet layout

Hi, I have plans for a renovation of my terrace house. I actually also have a front living room with a bay window but I have not included it in these plans.

I would appreciate peoples thoughts on my design and layout. My only concern is that the living area is quite cramped but I must repeat that I have a second bigger living room at the front of the house so maybe this mitigates this somewhat.

The downstairs toilet will house the gas boiler and an integrated washing machine & dryer stacked on top of each other. I have the complete kitchen on two sides with the cabinet against the brick wall not critical to the kitchen triangle. My only flaw with the kitchen is that I wanted a floor to ceiling food larder unit but have had to settle to splitting up the dry food storage. I am using the left set of drawers on the island for the majority of my dried food, I will use one of the overhead cupboards for tinned food storage and the prep cabinet next to the sink cabinet to store fruits and vegetables. I could use one of the floor to ceiling cabinets for bulk storage of food. I also do not like how I have had to place the fridge/freezer and oven beside each other but I believe modern appliances are insulated enough to not effect the operation of the fridge/freezer too much.

Top view

Untitled-6.thumb.jpg.245cf0c83cd6302fb98c18796c0f7a97.jpg

Side view 1

Untitled-5.thumb.png.fb1310d061d4195dd9f2ad3342a438cd.png

Side view 2

Untitled-1.thumb.png.09d9871add756f62cc944c11925bbb42.png

Back view

Untitled-8.thumb.png.eeac570cd10f6ecb4c224ed7dcdee1f6.png

Front view

Untitled-14.thumb.png.e2edd059119e49d2d56e3b88e6f933a1.png

You have obviously looked long and hard and come up with something that you like and I am sure it will work.

The fridge freezer / oven is not optimal but they are both built in so also have a couple of layers of chipboard to separate.  The oven is probably not on for more than half an hour a day on average.

Very pretty plans and elevations!

12 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

You have obviously looked long and hard and come up with something that you like and I am sure it will work.

The fridge freezer / oven is not optimal but they are both built in so also have a couple of layers of chipboard to separate.  The oven is probably not on for more than half an hour a day on average.

Very pretty plans and elevations!

Thank you Mr Punter.

There can be no accusations that I have do not enough space around the island now. I have cleverly eaten into the empty area on the dining and living side to make room around the island.

Don't forget wiring for speakers, ethernet, TV, kettle, toaster, coffee machine, radio etc.  Also you may want side tables near the sofa for drinks, nibbles books.

What happened to the laundry?

I like the shelves.  Is it a kit?

What software did you use for the drawing?

Nice project.  Lots of work to achieve this!  Can you keep us up-to-date with progress?

The laundry is in the downstairs toilet. I plan to put the toilet lid down and use that as a set down for the laundry basket. I am in discussions with the architect about moving the toilet back to the stud wall if I can make room what with the pocket door and wall hung cistern. This would make the laundry/downstairs toilet 1400mm wide which I feel is sufficient, the toilet would have a front projection of 930mm which is more than enough.

The shelves will just be industrial style pipe work.

The software is sketchup.