Easement required

My project is landlocked and I  hope to gain full planning permission in March at planning committee ( nothing guaranteed though)I am very worried about approaching the landowner from whom I need a easement to trench 6 m across a concrete parking court to connect to utilities.

There are the back gardens of six houses on another boundary and I have just discovered that one of those houses belong to the local council.

Obviously compensation must be paid but I am hoping that the council maybe more likely to provide a easement  and less financially motivated than the other land owner.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Presumably you have road access to the site so could the utilities not take a longer route along your own access if the other land owner wants too much?

I would look at the feasability of moling under his land rather than digging it up, he would be more likely to say yes if there was no disruption.

Thanks for the reply.Good point regarding moling.I have right of way over the  access road but it is also owned by the land owner from whom I require a easement and the distance to the utility's is about 30 m along the road.The owner of the road is so far unaware of my application.

What your opinion regarding the council house?The garden has a wide grass area running from my boundary directly to the pavement containing all utility's about 15 m.

I don't see the relevance of the adjoining houses unless you want access over their gardens?  an anonymised plan would help understanding.

I don't see the council owning one of the houses is any different to any other owner.  All the adjacent owners will have been notified and can object to the planning application. 

Our water supply was apparently brought in by using a mole.  The previous owner of our place worked for the gas board and I think he had access to equipment from them.  It comes across a field of about 60m which had a large number of trees (and therefore roots) in the way.

We have been locked in an easement dispute with a previous plot While there was reasonable access This didn’t extend to lorrys and cranes The landowner was open to a compromise At a price

But wouldn’t commit till all the planning was in Surprise surprise

I would expect the asking price  of your plot would be an indication of how difficult things will be