Different breeze blocks

Dave22

Hello I am wondering if anybody can help me I have a 1960’s bungalow and it’s built using blue breeze blocks but I have notices on above the internal door it’s a light coloured breeze block. I found this out my knocking on the wall and above the door frames it sounded less hard if that makes sense. I noticed abit of the player had come away from one of the walls and I noticed the breeze block above the door was light grey but all other are blue. I had read about thermilite blocks and I just wondered if people knew why is was a diffeeetn colours breeze block above the doors . Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, Dave22 said:

Hello I am wondering if anybody can help me I have a 1960’s bungalow and it’s built using blue breeze blocks but I have notices on above the internal door it’s a light coloured breeze block. I found this out my knocking on the wall and above the door frames it sounded less hard if that makes sense. I noticed abit of the player had come away from one of the walls and I noticed the breeze block above the door was light grey but all other are blue. I had read about thermilite blocks and I just wondered if people knew why is was a diffeeetn colours breeze block above the doors . Thanks in advance 

Hi thanks for you reply but the bungalow has been in my family since new and has had no work done to it ever I just find it odd that it’s a different type of breeze block above the internal doors a

d just wondered why these were used . Thanks 

Thanks pro Dave yes there is a wooden lintel above the door I though that was just the door frame as there is not lintels on above the windows or externsl doors . Is this normal would you say to have lightweight bricks above the internal doors . As I though it was odd blue breeze blocks all over then these above the doors . I wasn’t sure if it was some sort of asbestos board but it’s 100% a greyish breeze block Thanks