Anyone have any experience of Duration Windows

Adsibob

Towards the end of this thread there was a fairly detailed discussion of various window companies that offer imitation steel windows in aluminium. Some good companies mentioned there, but a bit out of my price range. Duration Windows in Canvey Island seem to be slightly more affordable. Just wondering if anybody has any experience of Duration Windows? Good or bad.

54 minutes ago, nod said:

Yes they have there own factory in Canvy 

Great product Great price and fantastic after sales 

No I’m not there rep ?

Thanks @nod

I’ve sent them my window schedule and asked for a quote. Hopefully they can install within 12 weeks as I’m on a tight timescale.

• Like 1

So the good news is they can meet my timing requirements. But... they only supply, they don't install. I'm generally averse to a situation where I contract with one company to supply a product and another company to install it, as if something goes wrong there's a tendency to play "pass the buck".

Yes, it does lead to the that was damaged in transit not by us installing it ‘conversations’

i suppose every window could be inspected for damage on site on arrival and then advise the fitters that they are liable for any damage....

11 minutes ago, TonyT said:

Yes, it does lead to the that was damaged in transit not by us installing it ‘conversations’

i suppose every window could be inspected for damage on site on arrival and then advise the fitters that they are liable for any damage....

Yeah, i just can't help thinking that if there are problems after installation - not aesthetic problems, but functional issues, such as the window not being water tight or difficulties opening and closing, there could still be a "pass the buck" type situation. I'm going to ask Duration for their list of recommended installers in my area and see what Duration say about this issue.

On 27/01/2021 at 11:03, Adsibob said:

So the good news is they can meet my timing requirements. But... they only supply, they don't install.

How long did it take to get a response - I sent our window schedule the other day but haven't even had a 'thanks for your enquiry, we'll get back to you' email.

Simon

1 hour ago, Bramco said:

How long did it take to get a response - I sent our window schedule the other day but haven't even had a 'thanks for your enquiry, we'll get back to you' email.

Simon

Yeah, they are pretty slow to be honest. It's been over a week now since I sent them my window schedule and still no quote from them. They have at least acknowledged my email, but it is still pretty poor when i have stressed to them at the outset that I am in a hurry and need the windows urgently.

I've also gone off them because they can't actually provide the product I want or something similar to it.