Internal wall and floor insulation

worldwidewebs

Doing a bit of planning ahead (although I might actually put some in now) I wondered what others had used for the acoustic insulation in internal walls and floors (MBC build for the record).

I was thinking of 400mm wide x 100mm thick (both floors and walls) and saw Rockwool Flexi-slab at 12.33 + vat from Insulation Superstore (2.88m2) last night (although POA tonight!). This seemed to be as good a price as I could find it, but are there any other options I should consider? Obviously there is a trade-off between cost, performance and ease of handling but only 1 of those 3 seem easy to compare!!!

I've just fallen out with Jewson. I need 3 pallets of 50mm RWA45 Rock wool acoustic batts. 

Came back with price of £17.89+vat. Told him he was nowhere near,  dropped it to £15.30+vat. Now buying from BSO for £13.30vat in delivery.

I love working with the batts, so quick, neat and easy.  

40 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Try SIG (Sheffield Insulation Group) they were far cheaper than anywhere else.

I'll take another look at them but previously they seemed quite expensive

19 minutes ago, jamiehamy said:

I've just fallen out with Jewson. I need 3 pallets of 50mm RWA45 Rock wool acoustic batts. 

Came back with price of £17.89+vat. Told him he was nowhere near,  dropped it to £15.30+vat. Now buying from BSO for £13.30vat in delivery.

I love working with the batts, so quick, neat and easy.  

Thats's what I seem to read. I looked at the RWA45 but they only do it in 600mm widths :(