vertical column radiators

amavadia

Hi all

I am looking at a vertical column radiator for the bathroom. Plumbing is already in place in the wall at the correct width for the bottom valve locations. The diagram indicates the inlet at the bottom left and outlet bottom right with a water block in the middle which makes sense.

Question is do these radiators have a one way valve in them or are they symmetrical with just a block? i.e. can you switch the inlet and outlet round so have inlet on the bottom right and outlet bottom left instead as long as both valves are at the bottom?

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Thanks for the link. all the items on Amazon from them are sold by a company called plumb-galaxy who are the people I got this diagram from and was thinking of buying from. They said as long as it matches the diagram it will be ok. But that is just a customer service team response not really knowing anything technical about the radiators. I also looked for them online. They had a twitter which hasnt been updated since 2018 either!

I am just trying to trace my pipes to find out which is flow and return and if i'm not mistaken they are set up in the same configuration as the diagram so might not be an issue. There was a 50% chance it was right!

Back again their German phone number is 0049926153468.

The number is not being answered at the moment: and thats because they knock off at 3 on a Friday  The website is so badly designed and coded that I think the best you can do is ring them (from Monday 06:30 our time - that far south in Germany, English is likely to be spoken with a strong accent ) . If langauage is an issue, I'll give them a ring for you.

BTW, the company's not far our Queens family stomping ground : Coburg

Edited by ToughButterCup
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ToughButterCup said:

Back again their German phone number is 0049926153468.

The number is not being answered at the moment: and thats because they knock off at 3 on a Friday  The website is so badly designed and coded that I think the best you can do is ring them (from Monday 06:30 our time - that far south in Germany, English is likely to be spoken with a strong accent ) . If langauage is an issue, I'll give them a ring for you.

BTW, the company's not far our Queens family stomping ground : Coburg

Thanks very much mate. Very kind.

I think its fine now. I just verified the piping and my flow pipe is on the left which matches with their diagram of the inlet being on the left so should be all good!

Rad ordered :)