Dylandog

Dylandog

Hi, i am a new member,  after a quick look on the web for information about ashp, I find myself here, my lodge home is under construction and I am keen to install ashp air to water for ufh and dhw, I came across some info that was 4 years  old and has opened my ears, I am not too bothered about the RHI and using MHS certified installers as the general opinion of expensive and a bit of a catch 22 situation.  I have good plumbing skills and some experience of electrical installation.  My first question is what brands are worth a look and where's  best to buy? Cheers Bob 

Welcome

The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind

Even when doing 90 miles an hour down a dead end street

But in the world of fibreglass, one is still looking for a gem

Be careful of  that travelin' salesman that I have heard about

I can't go on, it is getting naff.

Most Japanese and American units are fine, just make sure they are inverter types, and sized (oversized) correctly for your needs.

Ebay, (but do your homework first on what you require) I bought a rebadged unit still shrink wrapped on a pallet fir £850, it was a punt but paid off massively as I found it was actually made by an American company that makes millions of them with a good reputation.

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

bought a rebadged unit

Yours is a Carrier unit.

If you buy from eBay, make sure you can get spares easily, i.e. control boards, it may be a zero volt switch, and command units, or you may not be able to configure properly.

And get the original manufacturer's manual.

And, and, check what refrigerant gas it uses.