Query on if this is right - Loft Insulation

canalsiderenovation

The soffit vents like that need to be placed at regular internals, alternatively you can go for a continuous strip that’s fitted in the soffit.

one or two won’t be enough... every 60 cm maybe and both sides of the roof for cross Ventillation 

there should be a drawing that dictates this info. I.e. m2 of vent required, divide this number by the area provided by 1 of the circular vents to give the number required, then divide the soffit evenly to get the spacing 

Edited by TonyT

5 minutes ago, TonyT said:

The soffit vents like that need to be placed at regular internals, alternatively you can go for a continuous strip that’s fitted in the soffit.

one or two won’t be enough... every 60 cm maybe and both sides of the roof for cross Ventillation 

there should be a drawing that dictates this info. I.e. m2 of vent required, divide this number by the area provided by 1 of the circular vents to give the number required, then divide the soffit evenly to get the spacing 

Yes sorry they are literally all around the bungalow on the pitched (not on the flat roof part) we now have about 25 of them all evenly spaced. It's not 60cm thought it's more like 120cm.

16108906336743619696643374864091.thumb.jpg.6ee827f3943f99d99d8d4376084bd6e0.jpg

8 minutes ago, Onoff said:

@canalsiderenovation, out of interest do you have ridge ventilation too? 

As an aside sometimes the loft insulation can be pushed too far into the eaves and that prevents the ventilation getting up past it to the underside of the roof. 

No I don't think we have ridge ventilation.

I'll ask them to check the loft insulation when they return and keep an eye out 

8 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

No I don't think we have ridge ventilation.

I'll ask them to check the loft insulation when they return and keep an eye out 

Have a look at the some of the images here. The "arrows" represent the airflow you want to wick away moisture. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=eaves+ventilation+airflow&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjE0a7Yl6PuAhVP_4UKHbviC_YQ2-cCegQIABAC&oq=eaves+ventilation+airflow&gs_lcp=ChJtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1pbWcQAzoECCMQJzoCCAA6BAgAEB46BAgeEApQpU1Y1F9g8GdoAHAAeACAAXWIAYUHkgEDNS40mAEAoAEBwAEB&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-img&ei=lUoEYISzDs_-lwS7xa-wDw&bih=512&biw=360&client=ms-android-motorola&prmd=simvn

This grabbed from a US site:

12a.jpg.17697e01803c2ffc6ad083bbb2f89050.jpg

• Thanks 1