Bath waste

Pocster

Bath arrived damaged ! ?

But can plan the waste .

Was going to use this Y bend off the sink waste - but I can’t cut the pipe low enough to get it in - so just a tee ?

Then run up under the timber supports - up just before the screed . Green X on floor marks where bath waste is .

Obviously I can’t plan this mm perfect so I need some play .

So , standard U trap ? - then a flexi fitting from that ?

What fitting goes from that to my solvent welded pipe ? . Presume some compression fitting .

I prop the bath up on timbers - do the final compression fitting to solvent weld - then lower bath ?

That it ?

Links to trap and flexi ( and anything else ) much appreciated.

DA253E29-72D2-4680-BD29-35C32BA6A87A.jpeg

F6C677CF-4253-4BDD-8A66-7BED88FA20DD.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Not glued anything but I assume the mandolorian would say “ This is the way “ .

So I need to leave a gap in my floor/tiling under the bath big enough for me to get my hand in there . Though I think I would fix this first then fit the trap to bath when in situ 

41C88E38-2D41-4491-8D89-68D85622D4F5.jpeg

EA859381-7A8C-43B3-B28A-46FED658211F.jpeg

Well done for getting ahead of this. Our first fix plumbing just left a vertical section of 75mm waste.

Tiler neatly cut backer board, laytex, waterproof and tile around the pip, plus laid electric UFH mat where required. 

Month later  we unpacked the bath (funky oval free standing type) and realised supplied flexi waste and space under bath was not sufficient.

Cue plumber cutting out tiles, latex, waterproofing and backing board and OSB to create a 150mmx150mm workspace and me clenching and hoping the UFH wire was far away (it was as this was under bath but had fault detector clipped to it at all times.

They fitted a fixed U trap and flexi from that to the bath - small risk with your approach is that the U does not sit upright or gets knocked sideways and stops working.

They then did a generous (10mm) barrier of sealant around the perimeter of the cut before reinstating bath.

This for 2 baths. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bitpipe said:

Well done for getting ahead of this. Our first fix plumbing just left a vertical section of 75mm waste.

Tiler neatly cut backer board, laytex, waterproof and tile around the pip, plus laid electric UFH mat where required. 

Month later  we unpacked the bath (funky oval free standing type) and realised supplied flexi waste and space under bath was not sufficient.

Cue plumber cutting out tiles, latex, waterproofing and backing board and OSB to create a 150mmx150mm workspace and me clenching and hoping the UFH wire was far away (it was as this was under bath but had fault detector clipped to it at all times.

They fitted a fixed U trap and flexi from that to the bath - small risk with your approach is that the U does not sit upright or gets knocked sideways and stops working.

They then did a generous (10mm) barrier of sealant around the perimeter of the cut before reinstating bath.

This for 2 baths. 

I’ll get SWMBO to help me place the bath and I’ll connect the trap on the weekend . Then draw around the baths perimeter to make sure all good . Then water test . Will glue all that tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, Bitpipe said:

Absolutely. With bath propped on timbers I’ll connect it then and lower it .

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Absolutely. With bath propped on timbers I’ll connect it then and lower it .

If it's equal effort, I'd still consider having the U trap fixed vertically to the floor waste and have the flexi component to the bath to allow for final adjustments.

Make sure you create a sealed up-stand (can be as primitive as a big bead of sealant) around your floor hole as splashes on the floor etc may weep under bath.

1 minute ago, Bitpipe said:

If it's equal effort, I'd still consider having the U trap fixed vertically to the floor waste and have the flexi component to the bath to allow for final adjustments.

Make sure you create a sealed up-stand (can be as primitive as a big bead of sealant) around your floor hole as splashes on the floor etc may weep under bath.

Ok. So you are suggesting the U trap is fixed to the floor somehow? Not sure how I can manage that....

Sealant around bath base to prevent water running into the hole I created sounds good.

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Ok. So you are suggesting the U trap is fixed to the floor somehow? Not sure how I can manage that....

My waster came up at 90 to floor so maybe engineer something similar.

If you're confident that your U bend will stay right way up then don't bother.

2 minutes ago, Bitpipe said:

My waster came up at 90 to floor so maybe engineer something similar.

If you're confident that your U bend will stay right way up then don't bother.

I see . That concrete floor of mine has ufh in - so I daren’t fix to it . I’ll risk it as is ?

7 minutes ago, pocster said:

I see . That concrete floor of mine has ufh in - so I daren’t fix to it . I’ll risk it as is ?

You'll know pretty quick if the trap is drying out as you'll get a whiff of drains from that waste.

• Like 1