Replacement Radiator

Toppers

We are wanting to replace our standard white single panel radiator in our living room with something a bit more "designer" the current one is 2000 x 600mm, I can't seem to find anything that's a bit more easy on the eye at that width, a BTU calculator says I would need just shy of 5000 to heat this particular room (5 x 3.5 x 2.5m) which narrows the search down even further.

Can anyone advise on my options please.

9 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

You are going to have to drain down, so select what you want, and alter the pipework to suit the new rad

its not so much the install that's the issue, there just seems to be very little choice at 5000 BTU's.

18 minutes ago, Toppers said:

standard white single panel radiator

These are heavily optimised for output per unit frontal area, designer radiators are inevitably larger for the same output, You will need to go to a level of 'doubling' to get a smaller frontage. Output is generally quoted at a mean radiator temperature of 70°C. This is a bit high to ensure the boiler is in an economical condensing mode and you are probably not running your system at this temperature level (boiler flow of 75°C) currently. Running radiators at a mean temperature of 60°C will reduce output by 20%. So you may find it difficult to source a designer radiator to suit.