Changing a suspended timber floor to Solid

OldSpot

So.

Just starting to consider how to go about the floor in our renovation project ~ 100sqm.

The suspended timber floor has been removed after also investigating the concrete at the base of the void.

We had concerns that it may be just be a concrete oversite but on investigation it is fortunately a 125-150mm ground bearing slab on well compacted stone.

It also became apparent that quite a few of the timbers and timber wall plates were rotten so would need replacing. So along with our desire to have wet UFH with tiles/natural stone it seems to make sense to go the ground bearing slab route.

The void is around 530mm deep and the intention is to use EPS100 for a large proportion to avoid heating mother earth!

Interested in views on how you would 'fill the void' and build up?

Cheers.

More insulation for a start!

Interested in this too as I'll have a similar issue. I did half think to build up the void with well compacted Type 2 etc. But deffo more insulation. 

Edited by Onoff

Not sure if this will help 

I bought a rental property quite a few years back I started to put a new damp course in and found all the joists where rotting I stripped the lot out Filled the 350 void with hardcore Compacted it Layer of sand Membrane 50 mil insulation 

It was a while back Then topped with 150 concrete Then 25 mil Asphalt 

18 years on still ok 

10 hours ago, Onoff said:

Interested in this too as I'll have a similar issue. I did half think to build up the void with well compacted Type 2 etc. But deffo more insulation. 

Just to be clear, I'm talking about EPS100 not 100mm of EPS. Was thinking of putting at least 300mm of EPS in!

3 minutes ago, OldSpot said:

Just to be clear, I'm talking about EPS100 not 100mm of EPS. Was thinking of putting at least 300mm of EPS in!

My mistake! Yep, 300mm of EPS whould do the trick! You'll still want an EPS upstand around the slab edge where the UHF is. 

?

10 hours ago, Onoff said:

Yep, that'll be there aswell! Thoughts on Screed?