Hello from Surrey

Simtronic

Thank you Thorfun and Declan 

I have a 4kw array on a carport I built from joists (no south facing roof was available) and a 7kw Husky ASHP. Heat calculations were done by Husky when fitted 7 years ago as 4.4kw. Worked great until cylinder leaked just about when Husky went bust. I have re-plumbed the whole thing using a 75litre buffer and 180 litre hot water tank. Apart from a water pump failure in the outside unit (monoblock) which I canged for a Wilo it has been working well since. I am considering a Sunamp as it seems the losses would be much less in the cold loft and PV diverter could be used. My concerns are  charging the sunamp when excess pv not available. ASHP will go to 60 at expense of cop but I doubt that is enough to melt the PCM

I forgot to mention I have one already, s Solic unit that heats the hot water only which does all our hot water 9 months of the year the ASHP does the rest.

I have read through a few of the posts here on the sunamp it seems it may not be worth the investment. I love the idea but need something reliable and compatible as I prepare for retirement.