Rubber roof edges

BobAJob

14 hours ago, BobAJob said:

Checkatrade.  Doh!! 

Our window supplier/installer was registered with Checkatrade, although we didn't know it when we placed the order. Initially we had some issues with the installation and they came back and fixed them. When we had some more problems they refused to come out again as it was too far for them. After lots of phone calls and emails they stopped answering any more, so I tried Trading Standards who weren't interested. I then put a bad review on Checkatrade and Checkatrade contacted me and I told them the problem. They contacted the company for me and effectively told the company to fix things to my satisfaction which they did straightaway. So I am pleased with Checkatrade, although this was several years ago.

Literally any trade I need I get a recommendation from someone I know . I had a rubber flat roof done and it was sh*t  off checkatrade or similar . I nearly knocked the guys teeth out at the “ quality “ of the work . It leaked instantly. I feel your pain 

Edited by pocster

59 minutes ago, pocster said:

Literally any trade I need I get a recommendation from someone I know . I had a rubber flat roof done and it was sh*t  off checkatrade or similar . I nearly knocked the guys teeth out at the “ quality “ of the work . It leaked instantly. I feel your pain 

I don't think this one will leak.  My concern is that he tried to do it fast and then he forgot to do certain things and I had to point them out to him 3 days later at which point he couldn't undo bits of the roof to fix them, so he did a number of bodges to cover things up.  I am getting really hacked off with trades people trying to do things quickly instead of taking the time and doing things properly.  This is someone's main financial asset and it needs to be treated with respect and contingency time allowed for when you do a job as unexpected things always come up on jobs. 

• Like 1