Probiotic infusion for your MVHR

I thought this was a joke and have not seen the subject covered here.

A recent edition of SkillBuilder shows a probiotic dispenser being plumbed into the supply duct of an MVHR system in a regular home. The unit is filled with a suspicious looking brown liquid.

No not an early April fool prank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Nlea9TJV8

1 hour ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

From the SkillBuilder episode I got the impression the probiotic is meant to be drip fed into the MVHR and then circulate through to the air of the house.

They are getting a poor response in the YouTube comments section.

• 2 weeks later...

Missus is a biochemist and I showed her the skill builder and she laughed out allowed. 

just money making. 

scent option.. fair enough. But you could just have a scented filter instead. 

probiotics? Nonsense. Introducing good bacteria to eat bad bacteria? Their sales pitch is the friendly bacteria will get rid of the smells caused by bad bacteria etc.. but if mvhr is setup well then you shouldn’t have the bad smells.. and even if you do, on the site on skill builder, Robin Clevit has a boost setting on his which’d sort smells right out. 
mid it doesn’t, then no matter of probiotics is going to help with rotten food in the bid or a bad night on the curry and booze! ?

17 hours ago, Kilt said:

Missus is a biochemist and I showed her the skill builder and she laughed out allowed. 

just money making. 

scent option.. fair enough. But you could just have a scented filter instead. 

probiotics? Nonsense. Introducing good bacteria to eat bad bacteria? Their sales pitch is the friendly bacteria will get rid of the smells caused by bad bacteria etc.. but if mvhr is setup well then you shouldn’t have the bad smells.. and even if you do, on the site on skill builder, Robin Clevit has a boost setting on his which’d sort smells right out. 
mid it doesn’t, then no matter of probiotics is going to help with rotten food in the bid or a bad night on the curry and booze! ?

Apologies for the typos. Late night message. 

last bit should have read:

“... no amount of probiotics are going to help with smells from rotten food in a bin or a bad night on the curry and booze!”