Paint for external cladding

dnb

I may have mentioned a few times that Planning people here get some funny ideas about the world. This led to my need to paint 250 sqm of cladding in a light colour over which they have final approval. (This is all so the house looks in keeping with the bungalow we demolished.)

I have looked at Weathershield and it will be expensive and take a huge amount of time. I have looked at various Bedec paints and they advise weathering the timber for a few months and I don't want to have to put up more scaffolding later. I am not sure if the weathering is really necessary but I haven't got an answer from them yet.

Are there any other suppliers out there that can provide something that is at least quick and good? (Expensive is something i am learning to live with!!) What paint would you use?

The only paint that i would use externally is valtti opaque, up here it is the most common paint for external cladding and is availiable in basically any colour you could imagine, it is incredibly hard wearing, it is kinda expensive at about £160 for 10L but lasts ages.

20 minutes ago, Hobbiniho said:

The only paint that i would use externally is valtti opaque, up here it is the most common paint for external cladding and is availiable in basically any colour you could imagine, it is incredibly hard wearing, it is kinda expensive at about £160 for 10L but lasts ages.

have to ask why use painted wood cladding when you coculd use man made concrete board that looks the same ,but does not rot away  or need any protection

2 minutes ago, scottishjohn said:

have to ask why use painted wood cladding when you coculd use man made concrete board that looks the same ,but does not rot away  or need any protection

I asked the same on the other thread.  Confront the planners.  Forcing use of flammable high maintenance timber is senseless and not justifiable.

Generally the biggest reason for using painted timber over things like marley cedral is simply the cost element, marley cedral is ~40-50% more expensive than cheap shiplap.

If it was me i would be using marley cedral as i hate painting but that isnt the question the OP asked 

31 minutes ago, Hobbiniho said:

Generally the biggest reason for using painted timber over things like marley cedral is simply the cost element, marley cedral is ~40-50% more expensive than cheap shiplap.

If it was me i would be using marley cedral as i hate painting but that isnt the question the OP asked 

Idoubt it is actually  that much more expensive once you factor in paint +labour  and then doing it again  later

and yes that not the question he asked -- maybe he should have asked that earlier in the build ?