Fire Angel good customer service

Tenant reported today that all her fire alarms were "low battery bleeping" and driving the dogs nutty. 

(Suspect that it has happened over the lockdown period, as it is the first time I have seen her for a few months).

It is correct, and they are 10 year alarms with 6 years to run.

Fire Angel have instantly agreed to replace them all by post.

Probably not my favourite product, but few 10 year batteries were available then. It should not have happened, but they have handled it as well as can be expected.

F

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Tenant reported today that all her fire alarms were "low battery bleeping" and driving the dogs nutty. 

(Suspect that it has happened over the lockdown period, as it is the first time I have seen her for a few months).

It is correct, and they are 10 year alarms with 6 years to run.

Fire Angel have instantly agreed to replace them all by post.

Probably not my favourite product, but few 10 year batteries were available then. It should not have happened, but they have handled it as well as can be expected.

F

What a change from being fobbed off

Well done 

• Like 1

On 08/10/2020 at 17:29, Temp said:

Just curious but are they mains powered with a battery backup that's meant to last 10 years or does the battery power them all the time? 

It is supposed to be a sealed 10 year battery.

However, asking around the basic product appears to be rubbish and the 10 year life to be a marketing claim.

https://www.propertytribes.com/fire-alarm-batteries-expiring-early-t-127649301-lastpost-user-470113.html

F

Perhaps check the circuit breakers. If they aren't getting mains the battery will run down fast. Eg if the property is ever empty dont turn off the elec because the batteries will go flat in weeks.

2 hours ago, Temp said:

Perhaps check the circuit breakers. If they aren't getting mains the battery will run down fast. Eg if the property is ever empty dont turn off the elec because the batteries will go flat in weeks.

It's not hard wired. They are sealed units.

The new units just arrived.

753429A6-0338-4873-81E8-35652F5CA13D.thumb.jpeg.68c558ad57ca80bd78ad3992f1f974c8.jpeg