Loft boarding on angled trusses

AliG

I have two MVHR units in different loft spaces. Really kicking myself for not sticking to my original plan that they should all be easily accessible.

Anyway, I had to go up there to change the filters and also the PV is playing up and tripping the MBC. That is another story.

We have angled trusses above the ceiling joists (see pictures). They run at an angle of roughly 4:10

Thus the depth of the loft insulation is a bit all over the place. In the centre of the loft near the MVHR and inverters it has been trampled down to the 150mm level. At the edges it is between and above the trusses and so it is over 400mm deep.

Really I just want to put a couple of metres of board either side of the hatch to access the equipment. These are the areas most trampled. The loft is almost 30m long so it is a tiny percentage of the area.

The builders have attached a small board next to the PV and another is just lying next to the MVHR on the slope.

I would rather put something flat, it feels like it is quite easy to slip off. What is the best way to do this? Loft legs won't help.

Maybe I buy a long piece of timber and try to notch it every 600mm to the angle of the trusses?

In the other loft space the joists are flat. However they fitted the ducting too close to the MVHR to change the filters easily. I got them to come back to look and possibly move the ducts only for the guy to almost come through the ceiling. I found that due to the ducting there was only one place the hatch would go. When the builders put it in they clearly found it too difficult to get a frame around all 4 sides, so didn't attach it on the side where the guy tried to stand. I could make them come back and fix it but sometimes for small things like this I just feel like life is too short.IMG_8693.thumb.JPG.53777d8c13cce80b57c1a263ef8c6600.JPGIMG_8694.thumb.JPG.e6e45854b765840f8ad29cabe3149558.JPGIMG_8693.thumb.JPG.53777d8c13cce80b57c1a263ef8c6600.JPG

Sorry, should have said 2 in 10 for the angle.

I think my idea works if I get 70mmx45mm timber and notch it so it sits flat. Then I can screw the boards into that at one side and let them rest on the trusses at the other side.

I was just going to use 330mm wide loft boards to give a platform to stand on when the MVHR and inverters need attended to.