Toilet cistern remove and refit... what seals?

Carrerahill

Our flush valve is leaking, apart from the leak the annoying result is the fill valve pulsing on and off every blinking 2-3 minutes to refill the lost water. Looks like the seal down at the bottom is just letting a trickle of water past constantly.

I have identified our flush valve as a Siamp Skipper 45 Dual Flush and to save any hassle I was just going to buy another the same.

The valve itself seals to the cistern with a big o-ring, but what about the seal from the cistern to the pan? Are they all the same size?

The whole point of getting the same valve is so that I can do the job without needing to strip it down, go and find someone who stocks the bits drive about, come home, fit it and generally spend 3 hours doing something that should take 30mins.

So can anyone confirm the anatomy of a toilet?

3 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

generally the gubbins of the unit bayonets into a bottom mounting boss so possibly no need to remove the cistern.

Hmmm - yes I can see that, there are some lugs in there. I might have a look later. If I can do it all from up top that would be good. Maybe I can even find a replacement seal for the valve rather than total replacement!

19 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

generally the gubbins of the unit bayonets into a bottom mounting boss so possibly no need to remove the cistern.

Bang on - I now have the flush body sitting in the basin, looks like the seal is hard, I can get a new one.

• Like 1