Brickwork gauge problem !!

drumdog

PROBLEM WITH GAUGE -  I've just started bricklaying blocks on my extension inspired by Rodian Builds you tube channel I stumbled across to show me !!
So complete newbie VERY slow to start with but just picking up speed recently.
Things are level, and straight and inline ! BUT Im 7 courses up and wasn't paying proper attention to the thickness of the beds of the blocks :( they are between 10 to 20 mm !! ) Ive made a gauge rod and can know see the facing bricks on the outer leaf  ( if a nice 10mm is to be maintained ) are going to be lower than the wall ties coming off the blocks..
1- How much of an issue is this ?
2 - Should I do the next course of blocks but cut the top of the blocks to get in line ie cutting approx 15 mm would need to be trimmed to get back to normal. I may be getting a proper bricky to do the outer skin and wondered how much of an issue it would be for him or potentially me if I just keep going and try and close up the beds over the next few courses ??!!  Thanks 

You should be able to just bend the wall ties down, but that all depends how high you are. 

Use your gauge rod and mark out your brickwork, offer it up to the blocks and see if it will look ok. 

The place it will cock you up is lintels over openings, you need to squeeze those bed joints up to get back on track.