Always learning

Hia87

Hi all,

Me and my partner bought a house with quite a decent garden 4 years ago. Both the house and the garden were in quite a state, so we've been slowly making the house more homely and now the time has come to get on with the garden! It's very exciting as we both love learning new skills and DIY, but it sometimes feels like too big a project for us alone. We look forward to having a bit of input from this community. 

Welcome, I got my place 7 years ago with about 5 acres of ground. The ground was completely untouched and was a mix of bracken covered hillsides, extensive boggy ground and bare sheep eaten grassland..... i had dreams of rolling lawns, wooded hillsides and more formal areas..... after a huge amount of work by myself and volunteers it’s really starting to come together with thousands of trees planted and more lawn than the kids know what to do with ! Where there is a will there is a way. Best of luck and put up some photos. 

Yes, I have finished our build but the field (hopefully to become a meadow) is a daunting task that seems endless as is the garden, currently shifting piles of soil about with the JCB , picking up stones that litter the ground and trying to get some sort of level.i am looking forward to just cutting grass and gardening.